Posted on: June 4, 2022
Philips TUV T8
TUV 10W T5 with T5-T8 adapters
TUV T8 – Guaranteed lifetime simplifying planned maintenance in professional applications
TUV T8 lamps are double-ended UV-C 253.7 nm emitting lamps. TUV T8 lamps offer almost constant UV-C output over their complete lifetime. Moreover, they have a long and reliable lifetime, which allows maintenance to be planned for in advance.
- Controlled UV-C output over lifetime of the lamp
- Maintenance can be planned in advance, virtually eliminating the need for expensive spot replacement of prematurely failed lamps
- High system efficacy
- Good environmental choice because of lowest amount of mercury
- Short-wave UV radiation with a peak at 253.7 nm (UV-C)
- Protective inside coating ensures constant UV output over the complete lifetime of the lamp
- Long lifetime of 18.000 hours (based on operation on a Philips electronic driver)
- High reliability with the lowest percentage of lamps that fail prematurely in the market (90% of all lamps still operate on full output and quality after 15,000 hrs if operated on a Philips electronic driver)
- Special lamp glass filters out the 185 nm ozone-forming radiation
- High Output versions available for optimum UVC output per lamp length, allowing for reduction of system size
- Warning sign on lamp indicates that the lamp radiates UVC
- Upper air and whole room handling systems
- Areas with low maintenance and/or disruptive costs
- Fish ponds and process water units
- Open surface treatment systems
Warning & Safety
- A lamp breaking is extremely unlikely to have any impact on your health. If a lamp breaks, ventilate the room for 30 minutes and remove the parts, preferably with gloves. Put them in a sealed plastic bag and take it to your local waste facilities for recycling. Do not use a vacuum cleaner.
- DANGER: Risk Group 3 Ultra Violet product. These lamps emit high-power UV radiation that can cause severe injury to skin and eyes. Avoid eye and skin exposure to unshielded product. Use only in an enclosed environment which shields users from the radiation.
- Plants and/or materials that are exposed to UV-C and/or ozone for a long time may become damaged and/or discolored.